Tips and advice to follow when buying a used car.
The car has become a necessity for a large group of people, whether residents or expatriates and foreigners, and due to the high prices of new cars, most people resort to buying used cars, so it is necessary to know all the necessary documents when you go to buy a used car, and the most important tips for buying a used car. Read on to get to know her.
• The license of the car you wish to purchase is registered in the name of the original owner, and the license must not be expired.
• A copy of the identity card in the name of the recipient.
• The papers that prove the ownership of the car dealer.
• Bring all the agencies, in case there is an official power of attorney for the car.
• A vehicle violation certificate recently received from the Traffic Department.
• Tips so as not to fall into the trap of used cars
• 1. Take a mechanic to have a look
• The most important tip for buying a used car is not to spend your money until the mechanic has it checked, take the mechanic with you when buying a used car.
• According to Mike Beth, Curriculum Director at Ohio College, which specializes in auto repair, if you don’t have it, you can drive the car to the nearest mechanic, and if the dealer objects, check if the car is faulty.
• 2. Life vs. Price
• Eric Lehmann, Vice President of Industry Insights at True Car, points out that when buying a used car you should compare the car’s age to its price, according to Geico
• The car can be expensive, but it is very old, and requires a lot of repairs, so it is better to buy a used car that is about 3 years old, which increases the chance that it will be good.
• 3.Consider a certified used car
• Look for a certified used car, as buying an unknown car costs you more repairs, so you should review the car’s information and data, the maximum mileage of the car, and its age.
• 4. Search online
• Search online for how much others have paid for the car you want.